- 1 head organic cabbage (outer leaves removed)
- 3 Medium organic carrots (peeled)
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Large bell pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt (or substitute plain soy yogurt or coconut yogurt)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or Veganaise)
- 1 splash apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 pinch celery seed
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
Pity the poor cabbage. One of the greatest sources of protective vitamins and able to inhibit infections and ulcers, this under-appreciated vegetable is also one of the cheapest items in the supermarket. There are lots of ways to eat cabbage (a raw wedge of crisp, cool cabbage with a sandwich is fabulous) but the most common by far is in cole slaw. We’re not talking about the tasteless, chemical-laden variety found in delis. This is a spicy, flavorful and absolutely delicious treat your family will love.
|Shred cabbage, carrots, onion and peppers into slivers with knife, grater or gently |
in a food processor. Mix remaining ingredients and stir into slaw.
Chill before serving. Enjoy!