Best Homemade Granola Recipe
Best Homemade Granola
- 5 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup nuts (almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (grade B if possible)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Zest 1/2 organic orange (grated rind, optional)
|Mix dry ingredients together. |
Heat oil, syrup and vanilla just to boiling. Pour over dry ingredients, coating well.
Spread on cookie sheets and toast in low oven (300 degrees) for about 1/2 hour or longer, turning mixture every ten minutes to prevent burning.
Remove from oven, add 1 cup of organic raisins (optional).
When dry and cool, store in airtight glass jar.